Saturday 16 March 2013

Love, Loss and Painting

Hello lovely Blogger friends!

Apologies, apologies for not being here for a while. Lots of things going on and I have sadly neglected so many things over the past few weeks.

We lost my father-in-law recently. To say it was a shock would be to understate how we all felt. It wasn't expected and it has hit us like a tonne weight. A hole has been left where this huge man with a big heart stood. You will be forever in our hearts, 'Big Ron'!!

Art has really helped me and, that is actually not for the first time. I managed to take the opportunity for some time alone with my thoughts and I got the time to finish some paintings I had started some time ago. I am really pleased with how these little ladies turned out. Each one makes me smile and that makes me happy!


'Playing With Butterflies'

Chouko loved nothing more than playing with her friends the butterflies. She sometimes felt like she was going through her own metamorphosis and perhaps one day she would be beautiful too. Maybe one day she would have wings to fly.


'Lilia Smiled'

Lilia had been away from home for quite some time. She loved all the wonderful places she visited and the amazing people she met there. But, what she loved even more was coming home. When she saw the familiar things a smile came to her lips and the colour to her cheeks.


'Cara Loves ...'

Cara has such a beautiful soul. So full of life, love and giving. She wants to spread that to everyone she meets. She wants everyone to have a soul of life, love and giving.


All of these little girlies are in my Etsy Shop and have all kept me on the path I needed to follow during this difficult time.

I intend being back with you very soon. I posted some sketches in my previous blog and have also had some time to work on these too. I am really pleased with how they are coming along and will hopefully get to share them with you soon.

Take care everyone - love 'n' hugs xx

17 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss Deborah... Ron sounds like he was a very special man... LOVE your girls... they are SO sweet... and the backgrounds are gorgeous...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very special, Jenny. Thank you for your lovely message xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb I'm so sorry for your loss hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micki. Hope everyone is getting better at your house and all the coughs and sniffles have gone xx

      Delete
  4. oh oh oh look at these cuties!!!!!

    I am so sorry about your father-in-kaw's passing though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for your lovely message xx

      Delete
  5. My friend, I am so sorry for your loss! When these things happen, you never understand why? Especially, when this was a shock! Blessings to Big Ron!! Big Hugs to you and your family! I truly love all your new creations! I love the stories you put with your paintings! It makes them even more special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy. One day a time is getting us through, thank you for your lovely words. I am pleased you like my new girlies. The stories really write themselves through the painting process but I like to tell their story hehe! xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear of your loss Deborah, I hope your art can give you a time to escape just for a little while into a happier world. These are cute!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what the art has allowed me to do and thank goodness for it. Thanks for you lovely words, Jess xx

      Delete
  7. So, so sorry for your loss!

    No doubt, love, grief and healing have been flowing through your brush...these girlies have turned it all into smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought of it that way, Cameron but I think you may be right! Thank you for your lovely message xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to meet you this evening...via FB. Sorry to hear about your FIL. Ditto what Cameron said...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you too, Catherine. Looking forward to chatting with you and picking your brain, hehe! Thanks for your kind words xx

      Delete
  10. Your art is wonderfully funny and I adore the style! Nice meeting you and I am now your new follower :)
    Sorry to hear about your sad time!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Manon! I have followed your art for a while now - it is fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will be lovely wonderful picture. Those are my colors and style wonderful adventure sport nq.thanks

    ReplyDelete