Tuesday 28 May 2013

Painting Happy! ( = Happy Me!!)

Yippeeee - Very Happy ME!!! I have been painting very, very happy indeed!

I feel so incredibly lucky to have taken a new online course by the wonderful Micki Wilde of The Secret Hermit.


I have long admired Micki's soft, inviting and uplifting style. But, I have also been lucky enough to call her my friend too. She has through many a chat; advised, guided and prompted me to grow as an artist and now she has created this self-paced online art course and is doing that for everyone who wants to join in the fun!

Micki, is not only asking us create meaningful and very personal artwork but to let go of the constraints of perfection that we (I know I am certainly guilty of this) sometimes place upon ourselves and try to have fun and 'play' whilst we paint. 

She shows how to create some fantastic, freeflowing backgrounds and introduces techniques that she uses to such amazing effect in her own artwork. I am having great fun trying out some of these and getting very messy in the process hehe! 

And, those gorgeous, faces ...! Wow! It was so interesting learning how many different ways she has of starting and creating those whimiscal lovelies! I will stop now because I don't want to spoil it if you have joined or are planning on joining in the fun soon. If you want to have a look at what is going on, here is promo vid for her course.




  I hope that you all have a wonderful week.

 Paint Happy!! xx

8 comments:

  1. You lovely lovely lady, thank you so much for your kind sweet words!!

    Hugs

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All true and well deserved lovely Micki! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur!!
    It really is a great course, isn't it?!

    I'd love to see your Micki-Inspired art :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Cameron! I will try and try and include a couple of pictures in my next post xx

      Delete
  4. Cant wait to join in but cant until I move home! Hope that will be very soon now xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it I am sure! Good luck with the house move. Stressful but exciting times xx

      Delete
  5. I love Micki's art! When I get some more money in my paypal account I will consider her course! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that you will LOVE IT, Stacy! xx

    ReplyDelete