Tuesday 13 August 2013

A 'Blah, Bleugh' Too Long Time!

Hello, hello!

Firstly, if you have popped by to read my wafflings and have stuck with me THANK YOU!!

It has been sooooooooo long and I have absolutely no excuses other than I have had an attack of the 'Blah'! It came without rhyme or reason and I managed it by throwing myself into sewing and shutting myself away.






I am embarrassed and cross to admit that my Blaaaahhh Lurgy sent me into a spell of feeling sorry for myself. I couldn't seem to settle to anything (though this is actually not that unusual for me, I am a bit of a flitter!), I just wanted to sleep and had minus zilcho energy, concentration or motivation.

When I first started to feel like this, I recognised the familiar symptoms of my delightful chronic illness. Joy, joy! But, after a few weeks of not being able to kick it into touch, it was either a very long flare up or I had slumped into a state a chronic bleugh! Not good.

Help came though from my wonderful friends Sunny, Micki and Michele who guided me on the right path away from Bleughdom. Thank you ladies, you are amazing!!

They helped me see that I fallen into a spiral of doubting myself and believing that I could no longer make people smile with my little girlies. Now, I am realising that if I can create things that make me smile then hopefully someone, somewhere along the way, will join in smiling with me too! And, feeling this way happens - to lots of us. The important thing is to get on those big girl panties and show up. These girlies won't bring themselves to life!

So now I'm back - from Outer Space..... (Ouch - sorry, hehe!!)

And, have been getting busy and messy! I did spend some time sketching and have LOVED experimenting with Prismacolor pencils. I have always dabbled with them but never used them for a complete picture.








Cuties but I am going to keep experimenting. Colouring with pencils is very therapeutic. It is a long process and it forces you to slow down. Great for me to do on a regular basis.

But, I can't abandon my messy mixed media for too long. Hope you like them.





Back SOON - bye for now xx

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are creating again and the new girlies look great! Hike up those big-girl panties and keep marching! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I have them hoisted way up, Sunny! Thanks for the push! xx

      Delete
  2. Self doubt? Why? You are a fabulous artist (and I don't say that to just anyone!).Love your girls, the one right at the top and the bottom one are my favourites xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind, thank you! I am glad you like the top one. She was one of the girls I created with the prismacolor pencils and I would definitely like to do more xx

      Delete
  3. So lovely to have you back Deborah... I have missed your gorgeous girlies... I just love those adorable big eyes... and I think you have put it perfectly... make art that makes us smile... and then in turn... others will smile with us... hope to see you here again soon...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny. That is so kind of you! xx

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh, you know I love you and your girlies, they always make me smile!!! I am in love with the one with green hair, green was my favourite colour back when I used to get crazy with the dye ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks lovely. I didn't know you got your hair green, Micki! I was never brave enough but Tilda is going next week, aarrggh! Hehe! xx

      Delete
  5. Hey Girl!! I was wondering where you were?? So happy you are back! You have been missed and so has your art been missed! I am loving your new pieces!! A+++ Sending big hugs, and lots of smiles ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, virtual hugs an smiles for you too lovely Stacy! Hope you are well and thank you for you kind message xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deborah! Really? Self-doubt? Then again I totally get it. I have been and am still going through the same state of mind. I love your artwork and some of your pieces have completely inspired me. Glad to see that you're back! Oh yeah, I love the new work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, that has really made my day. I really want to make people smile when they see my little girlies and to hear that you have been inspired gives me a warm fuzzy feeling hehe! I hope that you begin to feel better soon and I think the thing I am going to remember is to make art that YOU love and makes YOU smile and others will love it along the way xx

    ReplyDelete