Sunday 1 September 2013

September Self Challenge

So .... September!! Whaaaaaa??!! Scary, scary, scary.

I decided this would be the month I would set myself a challenge. I am challenging myself to complete a sketch a day for the month of September. Whatever else I may be doing, however I may be feeling I am setting myself this task.

Partly to focus my mind, partly to improve my drawing skills, partly to experiment and see where it takes me.

I got the idea from the lovely Jeanette House who began a challenge of  '100ish Paintings'.

If you click on Jeanette's name above there is a link to a fantastic video explaining the theory behind her challenge.

So... here I go! Hope you can share, even some of the journey with me.

Happy September - Happy Creating!! xx

1st September 2013

September Flower Girl

10 comments:

  1. Flower Girl is quite beautiful, and i'm happy to see that your Etsy shop is going well :) Are you keeping with long big eyes now? Instead of wide big eyes? It's amazing how the whole expression changes with just a small adjustment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your challenge! The first sketch is adorable - I love your work. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jeanette! Love you and your beautiful art. You really are an inspiration xx

      Delete
  3. Oh she is adorable Deborah.... love those big eyes... way to go with drawing a face everyday... did you know there is a 29 faces challenge happening in Blogland... drawing a face everyday in September... and sharing your face with the group... here is the link if you are interested....

    http://29faces.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page_16.html

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about this challenge, Jenny. I am going to go over and have a look. Thank you for the link and for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Rosa! I have been experimenting quite a bit recently with different styles and different materials. I have been using Prismacolor pencils quite a bit and this softer style of girlie seems to marry with them quite well. And, yes I agree, isn't it strange how a change to the eyes can really effect the whole style. 'The eyes are the window to the soul' may well be just that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy September!! Your flower girl is too cute for words ;o) Big Hugs and great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy!! Big hugs right back a ya hehe!! xx

      Delete
  6. I love your style. I've join your blog so I don't miss a thing.

    ReplyDelete